Re: Notes for DDP writers

On Sun, Feb 14, 1999 at 12:30:46AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > This leads to two issues: we should coordinate what is written to
> > which manual, and get links between manuals. Now it is possible to
> > use cross references within a document, but to get links to other
> > DDP manuals we should either agree to use the url -tag, or get a new
> > tag for this. If we use the url -tag, we may have to assume the
> > manuals are in a certain place, perhaps a relative reference.
>
> I think relative URLs between manuals should be avoided.  It assumes
> that certain packages are installed (i.e., for local browsing).  I
> think for now we need to establish well-known locations for all of
> these packages.  The Debian webmasters are *still* looking for
> volunteers on the www.debian.org documentation area, someone from this
> group.  Anyone volunteer?

What exactly needs to be done? I'd say we should rearrange the whole
site, move all the documents on the site to /doc/ subdirectory,
and surely, remove ~elphick/ from the DDP address. No offense to
Oliver Elphick, but only by looking at the address (picture yourself
as a common net-surfer) it seems like some dark personal movement
hidden deep inside Debian :)

It would be even better to merge (if there is something useful
in current /doc/index.html) these two pages and put them on
that location (http://www.debian.org/doc/).

Is there some problem to that? IIRC both DDP files and web
files are in CVS, and both on va.debian.org.