Re: Comments on proposing NEW queue improvement (Re: Current NEW review process saps developer motivation

On Mon, 2022-08-29 at 12:33 +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:

> May be we should be able to tag packages with in NEW into categories
> like this (similar to how a DD can give back a failed build via web
> interface). This may need to go through a GR. If we prioritize packages
> in NEW required for updating other dependencies, that can help things
> faster. When I upload packages to NEW, I know some packages are
> priority and some are not, but there is no way to express that
> currently.

The current ad-hoc way to ask the ftp-masters for expedited package
review is to state the package name and reason on the #debian-ftp IRC
channel. This seems to be accepted by ftp-master and it usually works.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise