Re: ARM architectures

On 06/06/2021 11:43, Aaron Dewes wrote:
I personally prefer the Raspi 4 because it can run plain Debian in a
way supported by a Debian Developer

I'm interested in this version, do you know how it is built (Manually,
or is there a build script to verify the images)?

Does the RPi4 is totally 64 bit ?
It can run plain Debian arm64. Is that "total 64 bit"?
As far as I know, it can also run 32bit flavors of Linux
This is the default OS they provide, the 64 bit version is still hidden
as Beta.
but I don't know whether a multi-arch installation is possible.

You would think, as the Raspberry Pi is about education and learning about coding, it would be easier to get involved with testing etc.

Would be good to help test or at least do have the 64 bit downloadable easily (with warnings of course) so it can be tested. I am hopefully running a CoderDojo once we are back up out of lock down in the UK.

Paul