Re: Figuring how to work with team-maintained packages on salsa

Am Freitag, dem 04.06.2021 um 19:43 +0200 schrieb Florian Weimer:
> I want to add a few patches to this repository:
>
>   <https://salsa.debian.org/glibc-team/glibc/>
>
> Surely there must be some tool support to help with that?  I know how
> to do it manually (perhaps even involving quilt).  Has every Debian
> developer their own script for that?  (It's like this in RPM land …)

Looks like an "overlay"-layout (debian/-only approach). I'd suggest to fork the
repository, download the tarball to some directory using apt-get source -d, and
create .git/gbp.conf enabling the overlay layout, setting debian-dir to "sid"
or using ignore-branch, and possibly defining tarball-dir.

E.g.
https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/ruby-jekyll-titles-from-headings/-/blob/debian/sid/debian/gbp.conf

Then you can use `gbp buildpackage` to export the source, work in it, create
patches, add those patches to git (I'd like to see `gbp pq` handle this layout
though - it would make things a lot easier). Then create a merge request.

To be honest there are different layouts, but just a few. IMHO one can easily
learn them. I haven't seen anything unusable with git-buildpackage yet.

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,
Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> | https://www.wgdd.de/