Re: Wine MinGW system libraries

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 08:38:52PM +0000, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> Le lun. 13 sept. 2021 à 20:24, Adrian Bunk <bunk@debian.org> a écrit :
> > On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 08:19:31PM +0200, Stephen Kitt wrote:
> > > The regressions are significant though: if packages can’t stay
> > > cross-satisfiable for Debian cross-targets, there’s little hope they can stay
> > > cross-satisfiable for Windows! This means that separate source packages are
> > > probably the only viable option.
> >
> > Separate source packages don't bring any real benefits compared to
> > just bundling and building everything in src:wine.
>
> No please do not do that. Vendoring is bad and I fight on the
> javascript side since four years, against it.

Separate source packages that duplicate existing sources are as much
vendoring as doing the same inside src:wine.

There are only two realistic options for Wine:
1. building multilib packages from the regular sources
   of the libraries in the archive, or
2. vendoring

Noone seems to be willing to do 1., which leaves 2. as only option.

cu
Adrian