Re: Wine MinGW system libraries

I believe I can speak with my "main cross building porter" hat on.

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 01:57:44PM +0000, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> They are a full color gradiant between:
> - freestanding arches pure cross compile without any depends except arch:all
> - partial cross built arch
> - partial arch
> - full arch
>
> I believe the first step to get partial cross built arch is to begin
> by freestanding arch.

Certainly not. As much as I would love to see this happen, it is very
unrealistic. wine can quite simply use -$arch-cross:all packages like
very other bare metal target and switch to our pipe dream once it is
ready (if ever).

cross building is very far off becoming the thing you want it to be. It
presently has a bus factor of around 1.5. Around 59% of source packages
are cross-satisfiable. Around 78% of cross-satisfiable packages are
cross buildable. In other words: less than 50% of packages are cross
buildable. Beyond that, the cross porters cannot keep up with the
current rate of regressions. Fractions are falling.

To make cross building a viable thing we'd need at least three more
porters determined to make it happen. Talk doesn't make it happen.
Patches do. Let me know if you want to help. I'll get you started.

Helmut