Re: merged /usr considered harmful

On 2021-07-16 at 03:18, Marc Haber wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 01:44:54 +0000 (UTC), Thorsten Glaser
> <tg@debian.org> wrote:
>
>>Marc Haber dixit:
>>
>>>think we can afford an additional time sink at the moment. Please, get
>>
>>While that’s true…
>
> You conveniently snipped the "I don't" which turns your quote into the
> opposite that I wanted to say.

No, he didn't; he reordered the quoted lines (moving this one ahead of
the rest), so that he could put this one line of his reply where it
would make the most sense relative to the rest of his reply, without
also having to adjust the within-each-line quoting etc.. The "I don't"
is in the first line which you yourself didn't quote.

The result was slightly confusing to me at first glance, but I figured
it out within a minute.

If you'd chosen to chide him for reordering lines in a way which
(presumably inadvertently) produced an initially-misleading result, that
would be one thing, but I don't think it's appropriate to accuse him of
snipping out context when he didn't do so.

--
   The Wanderer