Re: Mass bugs filing: autopkgtest should be marked superficial

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020, Sudip Mukherjee wrote:
> i think I will leave it for the Release Team to decide. But just
> consider the scenario when the severity of this bug for a package 'X'
> is reduced and then another FTBFS bug is raised on that same package.
> The FTBFS bug will be fixed and it will have an early migration as the
> test is not (yet) marked "superficial".

And consider the case where the bug has been fixed in git but the package
has not been uploaded because that small change didn't warrant an upload
of its own. When the FTBFS bug pops up, the fix for the autopkgtest will
be uploaded.

And if it's really something that release managers wants to enforce for
buster, the severities can be raised say 2 months before the freeze.

Cheers,
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁