Re: Mass bugs filing: autopkgtest should be marked superficial

Hi all,

On 17-09-2020 13:38, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> And consider the case where the bug has been fixed in git but the package
> has not been uploaded because that small change didn't warrant an upload
> of its own. When the FTBFS bug pops up, the fix for the autopkgtest will
> be uploaded.

For all maintainers that have done so, or something similar, by all
means, you can lower the severity to avoid the autoremoval while marking
the bug as pending.

> And if it's really something that release managers wants to enforce for
> buster, the severities can be raised say 2 months before the freeze.

s/buster/bullseye/ ;) Ideally we (the release team) would have a way of
saying "this is severity important as long as testing and unstable are
in sync, but it's not OK to upload a new version without fixing this".
Unfortunately we don't have such an option at this moment. Please adjust
your bugs in accordance with this idea.

Paul