Re: Mass bugs filing: autopkgtest should be marked superficial

Hi David,

On 17-09-2020 12:50, David Bremner wrote:
> Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> writes:
> OK, that's all very well, I understand the release team needs to do
> things for its own needs. However
>
> 1) Such an autopkgtest would have prevented an actual RC (as in makes
> the package unusable) bug in a recent upload of ledger

Then, I think you are misunderstanding how it works. A failing
superficial autopkgtest *will* block migration. It's just that you'll
not get the reduced age for a passing one and during the upcoming
bullseye release, your package will not be eligible for the migration
during the hard freeze without a manual unblock by the release team.

> 2) I'm now even less motivated to add autopkgtests.
>
> So, there can, and will be unintended consequences.  Maybe that's an
> acceptable tradeoff, I don't know.

I think there's consequences. This one I did foresee, albeit I think,
following my answer to 1, it's for the wrong reason.

Paul