Re: Mass bugs filing: autopkgtest should be marked superficial

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 10:30 AM Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> wrote:

> "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> writes:

> >> It does not violate the Debian Policy,

<snip>

> IMO the RC flag is understandable only for packages that are not
> migrated yet (or migrated just no longer than three days ago).
>
> Otherwise, I don't see the need to a re-upload to fix just this. Can you
> enlighten me?

i think I will leave it for the Release Team to decide. But just
consider the scenario when the severity of this bug for a package 'X'
is reduced and then another FTBFS bug is raised on that same package.
The FTBFS bug will be fixed and it will have an early migration as the
test is not (yet) marked "superficial".

--
Regards
Sudip