Re: Debian With Alternate Init Systems

(leaving the other parts of threads to later, when I'll get time to
think what useful answer I can give, beyond just apologizing)

Svante Signell, le lun. 10 févr. 2020 18:27:55 +0100, a ecrit:
> Regarding your opinion about the GR becomes very clear by reading
> https://hartmans.livejournal.com/99395.html again.
> Not much more to comment about that. This part is especially interesting:
> "Proposal B is a systemd focused proposal. It's very similar to Proposal F. The
> text is different, but the implications of both proposals are similar."
>
> Not much space for other init systems than systemd within Debian.

Please also quote:

«
My experience is that key maintainers and teams maintaining central
infrastructure or packages often need to work with people who are trying
to integrate new features. The difference between Proposal B and F is
that under Proposal B, we commit to making that happen for technologies
that are important in exploring alternatives to systemd.
»

That *does* leave space for other init systems. Much more than F would
have.

Samuel