Re: Debian With Alternate Init Systems

Svante Signell, le sam. 08 févr. 2020 16:15:13 +0100, a ecrit:
> On Sat, 2020-02-08 at 14:51 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Sam Hartman, le sam. 08 févr. 2020 08:27:24 -0500, a ecrit:
> > > Svante> Perhaps all [...] ought to leave the project, including
> > > Svante> those having package not being dependent on systemd.
> > >
> > > I am frustrated reading this.
> > > It sounds like you were suggesting that people should leave as a way of
> > > pressuring or punishing the project.
>
> Why not, if the project is heading in the wrong way according to their
> conviction. Some people have already left Debian, as a result of the GR.

Re-read what he wrote. He wrote about pressure and punishment. Not about
people just leaving the boat that is not heading the direction that they
would like.

> > That's the way Svante is always behaving, through diverse forms of
> > pressure.
>
> It is not pressure, it is free speech.

No, it really is about pressure. It really seems you do not even realize
it. I guess you have spent your whole life doing things this way, and
thus don't even realize the mechanism.

> > He doesn't seem to know or even be able to learn another way
> > of having his goals received.
>
> Ok, you teach me how to achieve my goals. Doing like you, keep silent and suffer
> from not voicing your opinion?

No. By actually explaining what the goals are, and discuss about ways
to do it. Yes, that takes time, but that's the only way that will be
not hurtful for everybody. That also explains why I'm not doing it for
everything I'd like to do (which is fine), and even less for everything
*you* would like me to do.

Can't you even realize that the very sentence above "keep silent and
suffer from not voicing your opinion" is again your putting pressure by
trying to make me think I'd be suffering and that I'd have an opinion
worth taking the time to express?

> > I'd say do not try to fix it, we've been trying unsuccessfully within the Hurd
> > community.
>
> Samuel, so you want me to stop working on Hurd?

I never wrote anything like that.

And I don't mean it either.

> Nice, the first thing I'll do is to shut down the Debian/GNU Hurd
> buildd mahler.

Can't you see you are here exactly very precisely here *again* putting
pressure to get something through?

Really, please grow up. You have already worded such a threat in the
past. That's at best childish.

Samuel