Re: Debian With Alternate Init Systems

On Sat, 2020-02-08 at 14:51 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello Sam,
>
> Sam Hartman, le sam. 08 févr. 2020 08:27:24 -0500, a ecrit:
> > Svante> Perhaps all [...] ought to leave the project, including
> > Svante> those having package not being dependent on systemd.
> >
> > I am frustrated reading this.
> > It sounds like you were suggesting that people should leave as a way of
> > pressuring or punishing the project.

Why not, if the project is heading in the wrong way according to their
conviction. Some people have already left Debian, as a result of the GR.

> That's the way Svante is always behaving, through diverse forms of
> pressure.

It is not pressure, it is free speech.

> He doesn't seem to know or even be able to learn another way
> of having his goals received.

Ok, you teach me how to achieve my goals. Doing like you, keep silent and suffer
from not voicing your opinion?

> I'd say do not try to fix it, we've been trying unsuccessfully within the Hurd
> community.

Samuel, so you want me to stop working on Hurd? Nice, the first thing I'll do is
to shut down the Debian/GNU Hurd buildd mahler.

Anything else?