Re: Debian With Alternate Init Systems

In article <[🔎] 20200208121622.lu4vla6sasagven2@function> you write:
>Svante Signell, le sam. 08 févr. 2020 13:03:20 +0100, a ecrit:
>> On Thu, 2020-02-06 at 21:12 +0000, Sam Hartman wrote:
>> > Unfortunately, I think that Debian has decided that's not directly our
>> > focus.
>>
>> Just to make sure: If I submit patches for the Debian installer for support of
>> more than one init system, they would be outright rejected.
>
>Nope. Nothing said so. Probably debian-boot wouldn't like to make it a
>question asked by default, but in expert mode, probably yes.
>
>It's not a question for debian-devel or the DPL anyway, please bring it
>to debian-boot.

+1. A reasonable patch to allow this kind of thing would of course be
considered. It could even be pre-seeded to allow for easy control of
it.

I *think* we said something like that ages ago, but no sign of
patches.

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.