Re: Heads up: persistent journal has been enabled in systemd

Martin Steigerwald - 06.02.20, 12:26:32 CET:
> Vincent Bernat - 06.02.20, 07:58:32 CET:
> > >
> > > No. I just don't want default to change. IMHO rationale for this
> > > is
> > > weak but everybody keeps arguing that it would not be a big deal.
> > > In time we will see how that goes (what could possibly go wrong?)
> > > but why do the change in first place?
> >
> > To not have logs duplicated in two places.
>
> I solved this by removing Systemd from my systems.
>
> And now what?

And before that I had Systemd only log to /run.

Especially as I found that I did not use journalctl in my daily practice
anyway.

So why would removing rsyslog from the default install the only viable
approach to solve duplicate logging?

--
Martin