Re: Debian With Alternate Init Systems

Svante Signell, le sam. 08 févr. 2020 13:03:20 +0100, a ecrit:
> On Thu, 2020-02-06 at 21:12 +0000, Sam Hartman wrote:
> > Unfortunately, I think that Debian has decided that's not directly our
> > focus.
>
> Just to make sure: If I submit patches for the Debian installer for support of
> more than one init system, they would be outright rejected.

Nope. Nothing said so. Probably debian-boot wouldn't like to make it a
question asked by default, but in expert mode, probably yes.

It's not a question for debian-devel or the DPL anyway, please bring it
to debian-boot.

> Perhaps [...] ought to leave the project,

Please stop bringing in negativity like this: it is useless, whatever
the actual intention was.

Bringing fight into discussion is *never* the best way to move forward,
whatever your goals.

Samuel