Re: Salsa CI news

On Thursday, 6 February 2020 8:10:17 AM AEDT Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> You are free not to use salsa or not to use the gitlab runners.
> You are also free to rewrite the gitlab runner in a free version, if I
> remember right the api is published, so this should not be hard.

What warrants such a hostile reply?? Would you please care to read and
understand the issue? There is no need to rewrite gitlab-runner, just to
avoid vendor binaries.

Upstream binaries are not DFSG compliant. Not only they use shitload of
vendored libraries but also bundle pre-built source-less Alpine-based helper
image fetched on build-time and incorporated into executable.

> On the first look all used and vendored git modules are also under a
> free license, so you might want to provide some more details if you want
> people to take this serious.

Instead of of telling me to go some place else consider that gitlab-runner
was rather difficult to introduce as an official package. Now when we have a
proper package for a while what excuse do you have to continue to use vendor
binaries that could not be accepted to Debian?

--
Best wishes,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

Truth — Something somehow discreditable to someone.
        -- H. L. Mencken, 1949