Re: Heads up: persistent journal has been enabled in systemd

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 3:03 PM Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob@debian.org> wrote:

Anyway the big disadvantage of changing default is that now random Debian
systems will have no traditional logging interface (rsyslog) and we're all
will be forced to adapt to the new interface in the absence of old one on
some systems...

From Michael's initial email:

"Depending on how it goes, I might ask the ftp-masters to lower the
priority of rsyslog from important to optional, so it would no longer be
installed by default on new bullseye installations."

As of right now, the only change is to enable persistent journal logs.

Text logs will still be there with the current systemd upload.

-m