Re: Salsa CI news

On 2/5/20 9:25 PM, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 February 2019 1:19:35 AM AEDT Inaki Malerba wrote:
>> [0] https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline/blob/master/README.md
>
> Thank you for providing this useful service.
>
> My big concern though is that primary gitlab-runner 12.7.0 (HEAD)
> on salsa-runner.debian.net f0fdd533 is not DFSG compliant.
>
> Frankly I don't understand why such issue is tolerated on official
> infrastructure.
>
> Please use properly packaged gitlab-(ci-multi-)runner package.

You are free not to use salsa or not to use the gitlab runners.
You are also free to rewrite the gitlab runner in a free version, if I
remember right the api is published, so this should not be hard.

Also the gitlab runner is licensed under the MIT license, so if you did
find something that is not free enough for your needs, take the source
and replace what you do not like. Please send it as patch to gitlab then.
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-runner/

On the first look all used and vendored git modules are also under a
free license, so you might want to provide some more details if you want
people to take this serious.