Re: Should the weboob package stay in Debian?

Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> writes:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 09:40:25 -0700, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
> wrote:
>>On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 01:15:52PM +0200, Stephan Seitz wrote:
>>> He certainly should NOT rename any parts of the package without upstream
>>> consent.
>>
>>Your "should not" does not follow from any of Debian's core principles
>>(DFSG, Debian Social Contract, Diversity Statement).
>
> Staying compatible with the rest of the world is not covered by our
> core principles?

Obviously we renamed packages (which made us incompatible with the rest
of the world) already if needed. Rememver iceweasel or icedove?

Possible renames is already built in our interpretation of DFSG §3,
that we allow renaming when original names are forbidden by license).

So: compatibility is not an absolute core principle.

Best regards

Ole