Re: Should the weboob package stay in Debian?

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 09:25:11PM +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
> Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> writes:
> > Staying compatible with the rest of the world is not covered by our
> > core principles?
>
> Obviously we renamed packages (which made us incompatible with the rest
> of the world) already if needed. Rememver iceweasel or icedove?
>
> Possible renames is already built in our interpretation of DFSG §3,
> that we allow renaming when original names are forbidden by license).

Package names exist in Debian only.  Every distribution has its own
namespace, and relations matter only within that distribution.

On the other hand, executable names do matter for compatibility with
scripts.  Especially for a CLI tool like weboob.

Meow!
--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple