Re: salsa.debian.org: merge requests and such

Joseph Herlant writes ("Re: salsa.debian.org: merge requests and such"):
> I wonder if we should have a custom integration enabled like we do for
> setting the tags pending. It would send an email to the maintainer
> when a MR or an issue would be created.
> I don't expect Salsa to be aware of the Maintainer and Uploader fields
> of a package, so a custom integration would make sense to me.
> This change could be scripted globally and also added to the
> salsa-scripts for when you create a repo.
> Does that sound like a reasonable solution?

Yes.  I think it will have to be enabled by default.

If people don't like the emails it generates, this should be "fixed"
by disabling MRs rather than by disabling the email bridge.

Do you know how to write such a thing ?  Where would it be
configured ?  (Eg, what if I want to add a configurable feature to
automatically turn an MR into a series of patchbomb emails rather than
one email?)

Ian.