Re: salsa.debian.org: merge requests and such

> “My concern is that newcomers will have their merge requests ignored when maintainers are not emailed. I see no workable solution as yet, so I’ll have to look more into this and come back to this thread when I find one.”

I wonder if we should have a custom integration enabled like we do for
setting the tags pending. It would send an email to the maintainer
when a MR or an issue would be created.
I don't expect Salsa to be aware of the Maintainer and Uploader fields
of a package, so a custom integration would make sense to me.
This change could be scripted globally and also added to the
salsa-scripts for when you create a repo.
Does that sound like a reasonable solution?

Joseph