Re: salsa.debian.org: merge requests and such

On Oct 27, 2018, at 09:20, Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> wrote:

Hi all,

how is the new Salsa collaborative concept supposed to work with the "old"
workflow in Debian?

Means: it seems to me, that with Salsa there is a second parallel world is
getting evolved (in parallel to the old world: BTS, mailinglists ...),
containing things like patches in form of merge requests, which do not interact
well with the old world (BTS, mailinglists).
It looks to me, that many merge requests are lying around on Salsa, but the
responsible package maintainers / teams are not aware of them.

I started a thread about this a while back:

The consensus seems to be that people should enable email notifications in salsa and open a bug when filing a merge request.

Jacob