Notification of merge requests on Salsa

I've just discovered that by default, salsa.d.o does not inform project
owners of merge requests opened against their projects. This seems like
a poorly chosen default, as it is quite easy to completely miss when a
user opens a merge request, unless one checks salsa regularly.

Should we try to change this default?
I would imagine that most of us do debian work primarily via email so
having salsa support that workflow by default would be much appreciated.

I suppose the next step is to open an issue against salsa support but I
wanted to see if there was consensus that this would be a welcome change
first.

Thanks,
Jacob