Re: Help requested: Packages which FTBFS randomly

 ❦ 20 février 2017 10:05 GMT, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> :

> None of the FTBFS problems I've seen in this thread have been because the
> tests *required* multiple cores, by the way; more so that they were racy
> or buggy in some other fashion. If uniprocessor buildds are finding these
> bugs then that's a virtue, IMHO.

Time is a limited resource and we need to set our priorities. Having
test suites that work 100% of the time with constrained resources is not
a goal I find worthy of the time I can spend on Debian. Unfortunately,
those bugs are popping up as RC and I have the choice between
downgrading them and appear as a bad player or fix them.
--
Make it right before you make it faster.