Re: Help requested: Packages which FTBFS randomly

 ❦ 19 février 2017 22:59 +0100, Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> :

> I'm pretty sure that I was already a DD when such thing could have
> happened, but right now I can't remember it.
>
> (See #848063 for why I'm asking this).

IMO, you are also pretty aggressive.

More and more packages come with test suites to help developers and
packagers ensure things are working as expected. It would be great if
test suites didn't have failures of their own but it's better to have
them and it's understandable that most packagers don't want to blindly
disable them.

Your chosen build environment is not common and fixing build failures
for uncommon environment may seem a waste of the "Debian-allocated time"
for some people (including me). The policy doesn't state that a package
must build when there is not enough disk space or memory. Maybe it would
be far simpler to allow packages to fail to build if there is not enough
CPUs.
--
Don't diddle code to make it faster - find a better algorithm.