Re: Help requested: Packages which FTBFS randomly

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 12:05:42AM +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> Your chosen build environment is not common and fixing build failures
> for uncommon environment may seem a waste of the "Debian-allocated time"
> for some people (including me).

Yeah.  I think your priorities are somewhat backwards:

* I'd say that failing 10% of the time is way too much, and should be RC for
  stretch -- as someone said in this thread, there'll be expected one FTBFS
  in a release arch per security/stable update, and that's a practical
  problem.

* single-CPU machines have gone the way of the dodo.  Even the crummiest
  machine I could find while dumpster-diving looking for a non-sse3 one
  already has HT and builds your examples successfully.  Same for ARM SoCs
  -- my RPi1 is kaputt, and anything newer has multiple cores.  This, I'd
  say it's a waste of time to care about _building_ on single CPU.

Meow!
--
Autotools hint: to do a zx-spectrum build on a pdp11 host, type:
  ./configure --host=zx-spectrum --build=pdp11