Re: libsystemd [was: Re: Is missing SysV-init support a bug?]

Dmitry Bogatov <kaction@ruggedinbox.com> writes:

> I can understand this need, although never needed it myself.

> But implementation makes me sad. Instead of creating UNIX-way solution
> (create /var/run/foo.ready, when you are ready?), it does the worst
> thing I can imagine.

If communicating with another local daemon via a UNIX domain socket is the
worst thing that you can imagine, you don't have a very good imagination.
:)  That's been a long-standing, very UNIX-y way of doing things like this
dating back literally decades.  (When was INN 1.0?  1994?  I think BIND
may have done something similar even earlier.)