libsystemd [was: Re: Is missing SysV-init support a bug?]

Dmitry Bogatov wrote:
> Arturo Borrero Gonzalez wrote:
> >  * conntrackd & systemd are very good integrated (using libsystemd)
>
> I hugely support idea of dynamically loading libsystemd.

Please don't, no.  While I do think packages should keep sysvinit
support as long as it continues to work and doesn't make other paths
worse, I don't think it makes sense to omit linking to libsystemd, or to
dlopen it at runtime.

Programs linked to libsystemd run just fine under sysvinit or any other
init system.  Changing those programs to dlopen libsystemd does not seem
worthwhile.