Re: libsystemd

Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups@NTLWorld.com>
writes:
> Russ Allbery:

>> All other init systems except upstart [...]

> Psst!

> * https://jdebp.eu./FGA/unix-daemon-readiness-protocol-problems.html#Choice

I think that... says the same thing I said?  At least the only ones I see
there are systemd and a proposal for upstart.

That said, my statement is almost certainly wrong in that it doesn't take
into account the many less well-known init systems, some of which almost
certainly have something like this that I'm not familiar with.  I was
thinking of the ones that have been used inside distributions, plus
daemontools and runit (which I believe still use "when the process has
started" for readiness).