Re: Next steps for gitlab.debian (Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project)

On Wed, 2016-06-08 at 19:40 +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jun 2016, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 09:47:56AM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > > I am also not very keen on using a system with a "open core / enterprise"
> > > model. For such a crucial service I would really prefer a real open source
> > > system. But maybe I am alone with that oppinion.
> >
> > You are not alone, but please do not call Gitlab CE not "real open source".
> I do for every software which forces me to sign things like:
> https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/blob/master/doc/legal/individual_contributor_license_agreement.md
[...]

I don't see what's so unreasonable about that.  They're asking you to
provide the same licence for your contributions, as the licence for the
existing Gitlab software.  Every FOSS project expects that, even if
they don't make such a formal statement of it.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Any smoothly functioning technology is indistinguishable from a rigged