Re: Next steps for gitlab.debian (Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project)

On 2016, ജൂൺ 6 10:37:25 PM IST, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:
>]] Pirate Praveen
>
>> - setup gitlab.debian.net on jessie with my personal repo added.
>>   - how do I add a machine?
>
>Read https://db.debian.org/doc-mail.html
>
>>   - Do we have a preferred hosting provider?
>> - move to gitlab.debian.org after stretch release.
>
>We try to not name services by their implementation, but by their
>function, so I find it unlikely that we'll accept it under debian.org
>with there already being a
>git.debian.org.

What do you recommend? I think these two will have to be running parallel for sometime before all projects migrate to gitlab. How about git2.debian.org? Or would it be better to replace git.debian.org after migrating all repos?

> Another prerequisite for
>d.o
>hosting is that it runs on a DSA-managed machine.

How do I get such a machine? Since Gitlab Inc, is sponsoring this hosting, should we get a new machine and set it up as per DSA standards?