Re: Next steps for gitlab.debian (Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project)

On Wed, 2016-06-08 at 19:40 +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
[...]
> Debian needs feature X but it is already in the e.nterprise version. We make
> a patch and for commercial reasons it never gets merged (they already sell it
> in the enterprise version). Which means we will have to fork the software and
> keep those patches forever. Been there done that. For me, that isn't
> acceptable.
> I don't want another Nagios.

This, however, is a concern I share.  I would be interested to know
whether such a contribution has ever been offered to Gitlab and what
the result of that was.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Any smoothly functioning technology is indistinguishable from a rigged