Re: Next steps for gitlab.debian (Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project)

On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 10:41:33PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> I don't see what's so unreasonable about that.  They're asking you to
> provide the same licence for your contributions, as the licence for the
> existing Gitlab software.  Every FOSS project expects that, even if
> they don't make such a formal statement of it.

If all they want is to have contributions use the same license as the
code they provide, why is that license not enough? Why is a separate
contributor license agreement needed?

--
Schrödinger's backup hypothesis: the condition of any backup is
undefined until a restore is attempted. -- andrewsh