Re: support for merged /usr in Debian

On 03/01/16 22:33, Philip Hands wrote:
> Daniel Reurich <daniel@centurion.net.nz> writes:

>> Because systemd doesn't work without /usr on the root partition isn't a
>> good reason either.
>
> You are right ... it is a poor reason, because it is pure fantasy.

Then why is it that since the introduction of systemd is having /usr on
a separate partition suddenly considered evil and systemd complains
loudly about it.  It always has worked and does work fine for me with
sysvinit

>> That just means systemd is broken by design and needs to be fixed.
>
> If what you claimed were true, then I'd agree with you, but since all
> the systems I've upgraded to systemd have a separate /usr, and are
> working without any issue whatsoever, this drivel can be safely ignored.

Then what's the problem and why are we even having this conversation
about merged /usr???

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.