Re: Pre-Depends: init-system-helpers

On 19/11/14 19:41, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Example: if a logrotate snippet uses "update-rc.d force-restart ..."
> then suppressing that deamon with policy-rc.d will be circumvented when
> cron triggers log rotation.

If it uses "update-rc.d force-restart" then it will fail, because that
isn't a feature that update-rc.d has.

If you meant invoke-rc.d, that does respect policy-rc.d.

If you meant service, I think the answer is "that's a bug". service
intentionally doesn't respect "enabledness" either, under at least
sysvinit and systemd, so it's a bug even in the absence of policy-rc.d.

I think the valid options for logrotate are either invoke-rc.d, or
something that uses package-specific knowledge that a particular
operation won't start the daemon if it isn't already running.