Re: Being part of a community and behaving

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:21:13AM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Nov 17, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > > This is what many still (retorically) wonder about: we the systemd
> > > maintainers did not reject that change,
> >   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=15;bug=746578
> Please try to be less selective in your quoting: the issue was still
> being discussed.

May I gently suggest that tagging a bug "wontfix" has the unfortunate
tendency to perpetuate the perception that the systemd proponents
don't really care about any fallout that systemd might cause on the
rest of Debian --- ESPECIALLY if it's still "open for discussion?

Especially without any discussion or explanation by any other systemd
maintainer?

It may not be accurate, but right now, given the feeling of hurt on
all sides of the issue, a bit more communication instead of a blunt
"tags + wontfix" without any word of explanation might have
contributed to a more productive amount of discussion.

Best regards,

					- Ted