Re: Being part of a community and behaving

Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> writes:

> I see.  So any systemd bug with a 'wontfix' tag is still considered open
> for discussion?

I can't speak to the maintenance practices of systemd maintainers, but if
the bug isn't open to discussion, I close it.  I think that's fairly
common across Debian.  If it's tagged wontfix but still open, that
generally means one of two things: either it's still open for discussion,
but the maintainers are indicating their current thinking on it, or it's
a commonly-reported false positive (from the maintainer's perspective) and
they're leaving it open so that people will see it in the bug list and see
that someone else already reported it.

In this particular case, it's going to be hard for someone who isn't
following the discussion closely to know which meaning was intended, so
probably better to read the thread or ask, rather than making an
assumption one way or the other.