Re: Being part of a community and behaving

Just to clarify, before someone grasps the wrong end of the stick:

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:
> of course this subject has now become so sensitive on all sides that
> some people will probably assume that I'm reporting such a bug because
> I hate systemd,

I realise that that makes it sound like I think that systemd (or related
packages' maintainers) are overly sensitive, or some such.

What I actually meant was that I assume that the next avenue of attack
From the more aggressive systemd-haters will be to submit a lot of bugs
that boil down to something like:  Systemd ate my hamster!

One is therefore going to have to be very diligent with bug reports that
could be misinterpreted as simply being "bitter rearguard actions" in
order to make it clear that there is no hidden agenda.

It is very tiresome that all this politicking seems likely to have
knock-on effects on our normal technical processes long after the issues
are settled.

Cheers, Phil.