Re: Being part of a community and behaving

Hi,

<http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/InterfaceStabilityPromise/>

> and more and more functionality is
> integrated in the systemd software, effectively shutting off
> alternatives.

How does having yet another NTP client shut off existing NTP clients?
How does having yet another way to configure your network shut off
existing alternatives? Even syslog is still working! And so are cron and
lxc.

> When CoreOS is fully developed, there will a diminishing
> market for other distributions.

You seem to think that CoreOS will be so great that all users rush to
change there. That Debian would be unable to compete. I do not know what
you base this belief on, but I certainly think that Debian will continue
to stay relevant when yet another distribution emerges.

Kind regards
Ralf