Re: piece of mind

hi matthias,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 04:35:20PM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> [...]
> first place. Having ten processes responsible for bits&pieces of what
> systemd-as-PID1 does instead of one isn't a benefit -- not if all you gain
> by that is nine additional processes.
>
> "It's a big monolithic thing, and big monolithic things are bad and evil
> and non-Unix-y, so there!!1!" is not a valid argument.

but that's the thing, to some (e.g. me) ten separate processes that each
do a fairly small thing with understandable interfaces between them is
an *enormous* benefit over one bigger thing that does all that in an
integrated fashion. to the point that even if the one big thing would
have nice,additional features, I would still opt for the decomposed
one.

obviously you have a different opinion and that is your good right, but
you have to accept that for a lot of people this *is* important. that's
why having the choice would be great!

regards  robert

--
Robert Lemmen                               http://www.semistable.com