Re: New package tracker - old one going?

Hi Iain,

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 11:46:53AM +0100, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 11:41:26AM +0100, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
> > I didn't know about these but I've had a look at them and they're not really
> > what I'm looking for. I was thinking something similar to the blends web
> > sentinels, but with a focus on being useful for end users too. Grouping the
> > packages into categories for the functions they provide similar to the
> > blends "tasks" so you can get an easy overview of all the packages in an
> > area, and then contibutors can also see where areas are needing work.
>
> Saying this, if the ham radio team is willing to look into becoming a blend,
> then we would gain this anyway, and any missing features I was thinking of
> could be added to the blends web sentinel.

Considering Colin's answer you might be in the same situation as I was
two years ago facing that Debian Games would deserve the Blends stuff
but has not.  I created the needed framework when sitting inside the
Debian Games BoF at DebConf 11 in Banja Luka.  It remained untouched for
2.5 years.  Now Markus adopted it to something very useful.  So just
start doing something you might consider useful and if it really is
people will start using and enhancing it.  I'm really keen on seeing
what exactly you want to add to the Blends web sentinel to get this
available for all Blends!

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--