Re: New package tracker - old one going?

Hi Iain,

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 11:41:26AM +0100, Iain R. Learmonth wrote:

> If it still needs to be done the next time I find myself short of things to
> do, I will take a look.

Ahh, if you are again in this situation please tell me - I might have
some other thrilling tasks. ;-))

> > Another option is to base your team thing on UDD.
> > https://udd.debian.org/
>
> Did not know about this, this looks to be a useful source of information.

Uhmm, perhaps I did not mentioned it prominently enough in our Debian
Med sprint but all the Blends you might know from Debian Med and Debian
Games stuff is directly rendered from UDD.  Very nifty assemblage of
very valuable data.  If you are missing data there you can write a new
importer (been there, done that).

> > BTW we already have several team things, could you just use those?
>
> I didn't know about these but I've had a look at them and they're not really
> what I'm looking for. I was thinking something similar to the blends web
> sentinels, but with a focus on being useful for end users too. Grouping the
> packages into categories for the functions they provide similar to the
> blends "tasks" so you can get an easy overview of all the packages in an
> area, and then contibutors can also see where areas are needing work.

So why not simply creating a Blend in the area you are considering?

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de