Re: New package tracker - old one going?

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 02:54:43PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> It will go away eventually once the new tracker has equivalent functionality.

I know it's nothing to be abandoning the new tracker over, but the new one
hurts my eyes. The old one is quite pretty.

> If you could help port the RDF work to the new tracker that would help
> the transition move faster and also give you a reliable source of data
> for both Debian and derivatives who also use the same software.

If it still needs to be done the next time I find myself short of things to
do, I will take a look.

> Another option is to base your team thing on UDD.
> https://udd.debian.org/

Did not know about this, this looks to be a useful source of information.

> BTW we already have several team things, could you just use those?

I didn't know about these but I've had a look at them and they're not really
what I'm looking for. I was thinking something similar to the blends web
sentinels, but with a focus on being useful for end users too. Grouping the
packages into categories for the functions they provide similar to the
blends "tasks" so you can get an easy overview of all the packages in an
area, and then contibutors can also see where areas are needing work.

Iain.

--
e: irl@fsfe.org            w: iain.learmonth.me
x: irl@jabber.fsfe.org     t: +447875886930