Re: Debian default desktop environment

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 11:55:02PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> +++ Kevin Chadwick [2014-08-27 20:55 +0100]:
> > It also supports focus follows mouse, no raise on click
>
> I had forgotten, but this was the 'killer feature' that originally
> switched me to XFCE, and to a significant degree keeps me there. So far
> as I know gnome3, and unity don't support this (by design).

Actually I've been using Unity with focus follows mouse for the last two years or
so. Worked pretty okay as long as you didn't attempt to use the menu. And even
then, menus worked as long as your window touched the panel, or you activated it
with the keyboard.

Also, with Ubuntu 14.04, window menus are now integrated into the titlebar of
unmaximized windows, so there are no longer any issues with focus follows mouse.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin