Re: jquery debate with upstream

 ❦ 12 mars 2014 22:26 CET, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> :

>> The javascript world is difficult to deal with. They like embedded
>> copies, they may not really care about API/ABI stability, even for big
>> projects. Those are difficulties that we already have to deal with. We
>> already work around them by using Debian package when possible but
>> this makes the software we ship more buggy because we don't match the
>> exact version that upstream uses.
>
> Right. This can only really improve by addressing the general problems
> you describe in that paragraph, which itself requires collaborating with
> upstream to join with us in expecting better interoperability from JS
> library developers.

In the past, we have seen it is useless to try to convince an upstream
they should do like we want to. We should wait for them to notice that
this is the way to go or they will just start some hate campaign about
how slow and deprecated we are.

In the meantime, should we avoid packaging JS stuff or try to be flexible?
--
panic("Aarggh: attempting to free lock with active wait queue - shoot Andy");
	2.0.38 /usr/src/linux/fs/locks.c