Re: jquery debate with upstream

Hi,

Am Montag, den 10.03.2014, 20:29 +0100 schrieb Philipp Kern:
> as long as the code in question is not under a license that requires the
> full, non-minified source to be reproduced and if the copyright notices
> and license terms as potentially required by the license are present, I
> don't see why not. But I guess the latter is not commonly happening?

The most common case is that the file
http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.11.0.min.js
is included without
http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.11.0.js

The minified file contains a copyright header, and the license is MIT,
so I believe shipping jquery-1.11.0.min.js without query-1.11.0.js is
allowed.

So you’d say it is acceptable to leave jquery-1.11.0.min.js in a tarball
if it is unused (e.g. if it is removed in the clean target, and possibly
documented in README.Source)? Can maybe someone from the ftp-team
confirm this?

Greetings,
Joachim

--