Re: default init on non-Linux platforms

Perhaps before this thread spirals out of control I should re-iterate
that what I said was cgroups doesn't pass the worth-it barrier for me
and not that they have NO value.

I also mentioned pgroups for those that do want this functionality but
also want portability and not bugs in daemons on one system but not
another increasing forking, reducing eyefall, collaboration etc. and
perhaps want a simpler solution.

The benefit that Linux and even firefox etc. has gained from OpenBSD's
practically paranoid bug fixing as well as finding the bugs for all the
platforms it's userland still runs on especially in compiler tools
should be realised and not underestimated. To some degree it will be
true for debians HURD and is it kfreebsd too. So I don't get the
holding Linux back rubbish especially when it is often based on
superficial arguments that carry little weight, atleast in my eyes.
Isolating Linux would hold it back and make it a flakier system in my
eyes.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)